The basis of METRO is a commitment to obey Jesus’ command to “make disciples”. This represents a unique opportunity for your church to be engaged in the task of training men and women in ministry for Christ in such a way that they “think like Jesus, serve like Jesus, and be like Jesus”.
METRO is a two year full-time traineeship, based on the program outlined here. To get the most out of your two year program, however, it is necessary to prepare in a number of ways, especially with regard to the key relationships involved. For this reason, we strongly suggest that you do a prep year.
Applications for METRO, YouthMETRO and EquipMETRO open on May 1st of each year.
If you are ready to apply for a METRO, YouthMETRO or EquipMETRO traineeship for next year, please do the following:
- Complete the online application forms for YouthMETRO, EquipMETRO or METRO. If a paper form is required, please contact METRO.
- The application forms are to be completed by:
- The potential trainee
- The potential trainer/s
- The Senior Pastor or Session Clerk
- Read through the METRO Safe Church Requirements and ensure the potential trainee and trainer/s complete any necessary requirements.
Note: It is the potential trainer’s responsibility to ensure that each part of the application is completed and returned to the METRO Committee by the 17th September (METRO) or the 15th October (YouthMETRO & EquipMETRO).
- The Application Timeline and Checklist will assist you in the application process.
- Once your application has been received, the METRO Committee will contact you to arrange an interview.
- A decision regarding your application will be made and you will be contacted within a few weeks of your interview.
Save the Date: Orientation will be held on Saturday November 13th, 2021.